Quarantine Self Care Guide
Take this stay-at-home period as the perfect opportunity to practice more self-care and self-love. To help give your mind and body a boost of TLC, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide to transform your home into a glorious, luxury hotel spa for the day!
07:00AM – MEDITATE
Start the day with Singita’s inspiring sunrise meditation.
Lead by Singita’s Wellness Manager, Renée Rosettenstein, this session will ensure viewers relax and commence the day de-stressed and invigorated. Accompanied with a beautiful shot of the rising sun over the expansive African wilderness, this calming meditation is the ultimate way to welcome a new day.
10:00AM – PREP
Create your own sanctuary.
Scent is vital in recreating a spa experience, and our top pick is the Volcanic Stone Diffuser from Curators Collective in Jugiong, NSW that releases the essential oils of amber and spices. Adding a few drops of essential oil to these black volcanic stones permeates the air with soothing, therapeutic fragrance. Get yours through this link.
Next, get comfy with soft, delicate matching pyjamas. Located deep in wine country, Edited and Co, is a boutique in Mudgee that sells sophisticated, soft-to-touch fleece tops and track pants worthy of that opulent at-home spa day you have planned. Available in grey and vintage white for a sophisticated feel, shop for a pair of chic and comfortable pyjamas here.
11:00AM – FACE
Face mists are a wonderful way to rejuvenate and refresh your skin at the start of the day.
Using this simple recipe from Capella Singapore, you can prep your own bottle of Cucumber Mint Face Mist using natural ingredients such as cucumber, mint and lemon. Cucumber has vitamin C which can help soothe skin and keep it revitalized; while lemon promotes an even skin tone, and mint has anti-inflammatory properties – a perfect combination for maintaining a healthy glow with or without makeup.
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bag of mint tea
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 spray bottle
- Juice the cucumber and add in the lemon juice.
- Steep the mint tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes. Allow tea to cool.
- Combine the cucumber-lemon juice and cooled tea together in a spray bottle.
- Store in a spray bottle in the refrigerator.
- Use to start and end the day and as many times in-between.
13:00PM – SCRUB
An at-home spa day just isn’t complete without a luxurious body scrub.
Aside from helping you keep your skin soft, smooth and hydrated, body scrubs also aid in stimulating blood circulation and improving the overall tone and health of your skin. Capella Singapore divulges the recipe to their Himalayan Salt Scrub with ingredients such as grapefruit essential oil that will help to stimulate the lymphatic system and eliminate excess water. It also helps to boost circulation and diminish the appearance of cellulite.
- 1 Cup Himalayan Salt
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Container or Jar
- Combine Salt, Coconut Oil and Olive Oil together in a bowl.
- Add in Grapefruit Essential Oil to your preference.
- Put mixture into a container.
- To use take into shower and apply to body in circular motions. Focus on elbows, knees, feet etc. as needed. Rinse with lukewarm water.
*Note of Caution as this has oil it can make surfaces slippery
Lips require care and attention as well, and this quick-and-easy scrub is especially useful for preventing dry and chapped lips, ensuring you always look lovely and fresh for your next Zoom meeting. Capella Singapore’s DIY Coconut & Honey Lip Scrub is great for keeping your lips soft, exfoliated and hydrated.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 5 drops Essential oil of choice (Citrus is good)
- 1/2 Tbsp Warm Water
- Combine Coconut Oil and Honey together.
- Add in Sugar, Essential oil and Warm Water for correct consistency.
- Put mixture into a container. Store in the refrigerator.
- To use rub on your lips in a circular motion for two minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
15:00PM – SKIN
While the popular Endota Spa in the Southern Highlands town of Bowral, NSW is closed at the moment, you can now jump online and pick up amazing Endota products that will help you achieve that glorious glow at home. Their Brightening New Age Mini Kit contains cleansing gel, a detox mask, brightening serum, eye cream and firming moisturiser for a mini facial you can do yourself.
Bells at Killcare Boutique Hotel, NSW has its own luxurious Bouddi spa pack that you can purchase online which uses essential oils inspired by the Bouddi (meaning ‘heart’ in the local Aboriginal language) wilderness. The pack contains a body wash and body lotion hand blended and packaged at Bells Day Spa with ingredients such as Orange, Rose Geramium & Patchouli essence.
17:00PM – EAT
End your spa day right with a nutritious meal, inspired by nature.
Singita’s menus are known for offering plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes, and new health bowls have been introduced alongside natural infusions and loose-leaf teas. To finish your day of wellness on a good note, re-create the taste of Singita with this recipe for Sweni Lodge Beetroot Tart.
- 250g cooked whole beetroot, boiled and peeled
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons treacle sugar
- The juice of 1 orange
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 egg, whisked
- Place the vinegar, orange juice, sugar and rosemary into a small pan and simmer over a very low heat for roughly 5 minutes or until you have a syrupy consistency. Allow to cool.
- Scoop out 8 “balls” of cooked beetroot using a melon baller and place them into the vinegar and orange juice mixture. Coat the beetroot evenly with the syrup.
- Place your puff pastry on a floured work surface. Using a round template (e.g. a tea cup, saucer or side plate) cut out a round piece of puff pastry. Remember the size of your template will determine the size of your tart!
- Next brush the round of puff pastry with the egg wash and place on a greased baking tray.
- Place your beetroot balls on top of the puff pastry, arranging them in a symmetrical pattern. Keep any left over vinegar and orange mix for plating.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 180°C for ± 10 – 12 min or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our blogpost on how to create your own at-home spa day. For more wellness inspiration, check out the rest of our blog here.