Doing Veganuary and Dry January? Head to these local hotspots
Since its conception in 2014, the Veganuary movement – which encourages people to consider following a Vegan diet for one month – has seen over one million participants across 192 countries.
In 2021, local non-alcoholic aperitif company, Melati Drinks, is paving the way for the Singapore-based vegan- and sober-curious amongst us by teaming up with some of the city’s hottest dining spots – including well-loved outlets under the COMO Lifestyle and The Cicheti Group, and Spa Esprit Group – to curate dedicated Melati Veganuary menus.
Participating establishments will present at least one vegan dish – offered together with a Melati non-alcoholic cocktail – for the month of January, making the traditional New Year detox a lot more delicious in 2021.
Participating restaurants and cafés include:
- Afterglow: The cult favourite vegan café is featuring two of their best-sellers for Veganuary — Afterglow Kimchi Avocado Roll or Teriyaki ‘Meat’ball Tacos. Priced at S$26++ per set, either dish can be paired with an Espresso Melati – Melati Classic, Black Coffee, and Honey
- Caffe Cicheti: The modern day Osteria is putting two of their favourites on the Veganuary menu: the Cicheti Salad as well as the infamous Brussel Sprouts. Have the former with a Melati Spritz (Melati and soda water served over ice) for S$28++ or the latter at S$21++ per set
- COMO Cuisine: Can’t travel? No problem. COMO Cuisine serves up international signature favourites from each of COMO Hotels & Resorts’ properties, including select dishes from COMO Shambhala Cuisine. They will be offering the classic COMO Shambhala Wild Rice Salad – avocado, sweetcorn, chopped rainbow vegetables, tahini and tamari dressing – with a Melati Spritz
- The Dempsey Cookhouse & Bar: Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s elegant restaurant in leafy Dempsey Hill will offer the refreshing dish of Baby Beets and Cranberry, Endive, Ice Wine Vinegar and Tarragon, together with an uplifting Melati Spritz for S$28++
- SPRMRKT: Known for their produce-driven cooking, SPRMRKT has created three new dishes, including Pumpkin Croquette served with Okra Tempura and Parsnip Puree, Farro and Black Barley with Oven-Baked Miso Eggplant and Edamame, and Braised Daikon and Shitake Mushroom with Spiced Walnut. The Melati Veganuary set includes one dish and a Melati Spritz for S$30++
- The Living Café: The Living Café have prepared a decadent three-course menu, featuring a gorgeous Beetroot Ravioli with balsamic vinaigrette, a hearty Tempeh Buddha Bowl (tempeh, cumin roast sweet potato, purple cabbage, sprouts, avocado and housemade kimchi with a creamy miso and almond dressing) and concluding with an Orient Bliss Set —a trio of Bliss Balls inspired by the flavours of Melati Classic, such as ginger, orange, cacao and goji. The set is accompanied by a Melati Spritz
Crafted from 26 healing botanicals that were selected for their mood boosting and detoxifying compounds, Melati Classic is a non-alcoholic aperitif that was designed to support the growing call for prioritising wellbeing and to offer a deliciously complex alternative to alcoholic beverages.
As part of the campaign, Melati Drinks are running a social media campaign to enable you to be in with the chance of winning a Melati Classic Starter Set. For more details, visit the Melati Drinks Instagram page.