Where the finest destinations and most exquisite dining come together
These days, when booking a dream trip, we have a lot of boxes to tick. We don’t just look for a fabulous location and luxury accommodation, but also exceptional cuisine. The good news is that with an increasing demand for food-inspired holiday experiences, there are many culinary escapes to choose from. Here are some of the best travel itineraries on offer, brought to you by the team at Scott Dunn.
FRANCE FOR FOODIES
Paris, Champagne, Burgundy, Loire Valley
Here’s your chance to discover some of France’s most captivating regions. From the iconic sights of Paris, to Champagne tastings and vineyard picnics comprised of the finest cheese, guests can indulge in gastronomic excellence while discovering medieval villages and historical chateaux.
- A three Michelin starred fine-dining experience in Paris
- Private tastings in top Champagne houses and family run wine estates
- Wine tasting while cycling through the vineyards of Burgundy
WINES & VINES OF SOUTH AMERICA
Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Colchagua Valley, Valparaiso
This is the perfect itinerary for wine and food aficionados looking to explore the wine-growing regions of South America. Guests get to indulge in sumptuous steaks while sampling some of the best new world vintages in the wineries of Mendoza and the Colchagua Valley. The trip ends on the Pacific Coast in the colourful World Heritage city of Valparaiso.
- Sampling the best of Argentinean and Chilean wines and cuisine
- An insight into the cooking styles in Buenos Aires, from parillas to molecular cuisine
- Access to the freshest seafood on the coast in Valparaiso
AUSTRALIAN GOURMET TRAIL
Sydney, Bouddi National Park, Melbourne, Daylesford, Apollo Bay, Barossa Valley & Margaret River
Take this journey through Australia’s most arresting landscapes and enjoy spectacular dishes, award winning wines and world renowned restaurants. From the Bohemian side of Melbourne’s bars and eateries to the Barossa and Margaret River regions, this is the ultimate trip for gourmet lovers.
- A full immersion into Australia’s abundant and varied wine industry
- A true ‘paddock to plate’ experience at Alla Wolf-Tasker’s iconic Lakehouse restaurant
- Visits to the local markets and artisan producers of Margaret River
A CULINARY ADVENTURE TO KERALA
Cochin, Thekkady & Backwaters
Ideal for those who relish a truly authentic culinary adventure, this itinerary covers everything from a journey to plantations where spices are produced to local spice market visits. Added bonus: the accommodation is at homestays for lessons on how to cook traditional Indian cuisine.
- Two cooking classes at the excellent Philip Kutty Farm
- Spice plantation visit to see the ingredients of Indian dishes brought to life
- A stay at boutique hotel Malabar House, located in the heart of Fort Cochin, and housed in a building dating back to 1755
LUXURY SKI CHALET EXPERIENCE
Courchevel 1850, Courchevel 1550, St Anton & Val d’Isère
Scott Dunn’s selection of luxury ski chalet’s in Europe all boast renowned chalet service. Private chef’s will tailor a daily menu especially for you including snacks, freshly-baked canapés and carefully selected fine wines. With roaring log fires and bubbling flutes of Champagne, the exclusive chalets provide a fantastic base from which to sample the delicacies on offer.
- A private chef who’ll tailor make a menu to your preferences
- Wine pairing and Laurent Perrier Champagne
- Some of Europe’s most chic chalet accommodation
For more information visit www.scottdunn.com