Leading luxury tour operator, Scott Dunn, has released their list of trendiest travel experiences for 2019:
- Astrotourism: Reflecting the continuous rise in popularity for ‘astrotourism’ (Scott Dunn’s bookings for astro-experiences have tripled over the last four years), they’ll be offering eclipse itineraries in Argentina to make the most of the eclipse that’s slated to envelope part of the region in total darkness on the 2nd July 2019. Scott Dunn also continues to offer exceptional stargazing experiences across the globe from Portugal to Chile, working with world-renowned astronomers and observatories that scope the night sky.
- Gut health: Scott Dunn predicts a rise in travelling with gut health in mind, as more and more guests are choosing healing holidays over indulgent trips. There has been an increasing number of educated guests choosing specific retreats catered to holistic wellness detoxes at resorts like Santani in Kandy, Sri Lanka, which offers tailored packages focused on Ayurveda, Detox, Weight Loss, Sleep, Balance, Addiction, Stress or Yoga.
- Transformative travel: Scott Dunn has seen a rise in “transformative” travel. Experiential travel has been the buzzword for the last few years, but guests are now asking for more than this, they are looking for experiences that can transform them, the communities and landscapes they visit. Guests are not only making memories, but also a global difference.
- Out of Hours: As travellers continue to seek out the most unique experiences, Scott Dunn is offering more and more out of hours encounters, with exclusive access to some of the world’s most sought-after sites and museums including a sunrise picnic at Christ the Redeemer, access to the Vatican before it opens to the crowds and late-access to Bangkok’s Reclining Buddha after it shuts to the general public.
DESTINATIONS TO WATCH:
- Zimbabwe: As the political situation stabilizes, interest in the country has once again increased, with camps reopening and new properties being built. Recent re-openings include Singita Pamushana Lodge, Bumi Hills Safari Lodge and Chikwenga. New properties that opened in 2018 include the Stanley, the Livingstone Boutique Hotel and Nyamatusi.
- USA: Scott Dunn has recently re-launched Georgia and South Carolina in the enchanting south, both boasting small town communities steeped in history, sprawling plantations and glistening coastlines. With Singapore Airlines’ launch of direct flights to San Francisco and Los Angeles and re-launch of direct flights to New York, the US has become a lot more accessible for South-east Asia based travellers.
- Rwanda: More luxurious high-end properties are set to open in 2019. Wilderness opens its second property – Magashi Camp – in early 2019 in Akagera National Park, repopulating this magnificent wilderness with lion and black rhino. Singita is also due to open Kwitonda Lodge in late 2019 on the edge of Volcanoes National Park. Working in close partnership with the Rwandan Development Board and local communities, Singita will be putting gorilla trekking within easy reach of a classic safari with Singita on the Serengeti Plains, Tanzania.
- Northern Peru: As Machu Picchu visitor numbers reach an all-time high, Scott Dunn is developing its less explored Northern Peru offering and introducing Chachapoyas – a region in Peru’s high Andes, covered in cloud forest and home to the pre-Inca hilltop ruins of Kuelap. With only a handful of visitors at any time, guests will have a truly off-the-beaten track experience far from the crowds of the Sacred Valley. The impressive Gocta Waterfall is also here, hidden in a rocky canyon and immersed in cloud forest, the falls can only be reached by trekking with a private guide. Adding to intrigue for archaeology fans, the Karija sarcophagi statues (Mummy Cases) located high up the mountainside can also be easily reached with a guide from Chachapoyas.
- Slovenia: Europe’s hidden gem offers spectacular mountain scenery, forests and lakes and a fascinating history – renowned for a predominance of castles and a thriving cultural scene. Scott Dunn’s guests can now enjoy a range of thrilling itineraries throughout the country with endless opportunities for hiking, kayaking, rafting and private cultural tours.
- Chile: Chile has just announced three new scenic trekking routes through its Patagonia wilderness covering 2,800km from Puerto Montt down to Cape Horn. The trails include the Southern Way, the Patagonian channels and the End of the World Route.
For more information on Scott Dunn, visit www.scottdunn.com